The National Education Symposium (NES) is hosted every second year by the BCRSP and is a two-day symposium for program coordinators, managers, directors, administrators, curriculum developers, instructors and representatives from Canadian educational institutions offering occupational health and safety studies at a post secondary undergraduate, graduate, continuing education and distance learning environments.
NES Objectives include:
- Developing a network to foster continuing dialogue between the BCRSP and academic institutions through the sharing of ideas, concerns, and solutions to challenges facing students in OH&S programs.
- Reviewing the Examination Blueprint to enhance content awareness and understanding.
- Finding commonalities by identifying core subject matter essential to the development of sound oh&s practices and principles.
- Exploring new trends and opportunities to address a changing global marketplace and the integration of oh&s programs.
- Recognizing the need to modify existing methods of professional development to meet the changing profile of the Canadian work force.
in 2019, the NES will be held May 13-14, 2019, in Ottawa, Ontario. Please contact the BCRSP office for more information.