The objectives of the Customer Service Policy are:
- To ensure that services can be provided in ways that accommodate the individual’s disability needs; and
- To ensure that volunteers are knowledgeable about accessible customer service.
What this Policy Does Not Cover:
This policy does not cover decisions with respect to disability accommodation requests related to a BCRSP Examination.
Serving People with Disabilities
- Providing Goods and Services
BCRSP is committed to excellence in serving all consumers, including people with disabilities.
- Assistive devices
Personal assistive devices are permitted in the BCRSP office. The provision, use and safety of personal assistive devices are the responsibility of the person with a disability.
BCRSP will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
- Service animals
BCRSP will welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
- Support persons
Support persons are welcome in the BCRSP office. They will not be charged for accompanying a person with a disability to any BCRSP events.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a service disruption, BCRSP will take reasonable steps to report such disruption in a timely fashion through appropriate information channels. Such channels include, but are not limited to, the BCRSP website, physical postings and/or communication via email or phone call to affected individuals. The required information necessary for any communication of a temporary disruption may include:
- The time, date and location of the disruption;
- Information about the reason for the disruption;
- Anticipated duration of the disruption; and
- Descriptions of alternative facilities or services, if any.
For unplanned disruption which lasts for a substantial period of time (for instance, BCRSP website or phone system is down for 4 hours or more) – BCRSP will make reasonable efforts to provide notice during the disruption.
Training on Accessibility Standards in Customer Service
BCRSP will provide training to applicable volunteers on policies, practices and procedures that affect the way goods and services are provided to people with disabilities. Training will also be given on an ongoing basis when changes are made to these policies, practices and procedures.
Training topics include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005;
- Overview of BCRSP’s Customer Service Standard Policy
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities;
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person;
Feedback about the delivery of services to persons with disabilities is welcomed, as it may identify areas that require change and assist in continuous service improvement. Such feedback may be by telephone, in person, in writing or by email. BCRSP will make best efforts to provide a response in the same format in which the feedback was received.
Where possible, feedback will be addressed immediately. Some feedback may, however, require more effort to address and may need to be reviewed before an action is taken. BCRSP will respond within 21 working days.
Feedback may be provided directly to:
6700 Century Avenue, Suite 100
Mississauga, ON L5N 6A4