Writing a certification examination can be a stressful experience. You are undertaking an important step in your career, and this may be the first test you have prepared for in a number of years. Here are some tips on 'developing an examination strategy', extracted from the Examination Candidate Handbook.
Developing an Examination Strategy
Scheduling Study Time
Review Sample Examination Questions
Control Examination Anxiety
- Know your material. Spend adequate time studying for the CRSPEX.
- Ensure you get enough sleep, good nutrition, exercise, personal down time, etc. Think positively.
- Allow yourself plenty of extra time to arrive at the testing centre so you have adequate time to park, register, etc.
- Dress comfortably – you will be seated for 3 ½ hours.
- Relax. Practice relaxation techniques such as deep-breathing.
- Do not focus on any anxiety you may be experiencing.
- Do not expect to know all the answers. It is unlikely that a candidate will answer all questions correctly. Use your reasoning ability to analyze the question and identify the best possible answer.
- Pearson VUE testing tutorial and practice exam. This computer-based testing tutorial and practice exam software provides the opportunity for you to learn how to navigate your way through computer-based examinations. It includes a practice exam that gives you an opportunity to become familiar with the operations of computer-based testing.
- Information on Palm Vein Collection. Some test centres utilize palm vein pattern recognition as a level of security for examination programs.
- What to Expect in a Pearson VUE test centre. Short video on security measures utilized at Pearson VUE testing centres.