Do you want to help ensure workers go home safely at the end of the day?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and dedicated individual that is a good fit for our team. Your value-oriented approach will be instrumental in helping lead the corporation forward in accomplishing the strategic goals of the business.
You are an experienced occupational health and safety professional motivated to help build safer and healthier workplaces in your role as OH&S consultant/group facilitator.
This full-time position will require the following:
- Write customized policies and procedures in accordance with a health and safety management system across different industry sectors and a diverse range of businesses.
- Consult with and educate employers, workers, and others on occupational health and safety matters.
- Process and manage health and safety programs including proficiency in the COR certification process.
- Perform workplace inspections to ensure safe work environments including compliance with work procedures, hazard identification, risk assessment, and emergency response including analyzing workplace incident reports and investigations, identify root cause and facilitate corrections.
- Audits processes, reviews and prepares reports and ensures safety documentation is maintained and current.
- Demonstrate ability to develop, facilitate and assist safety training and messages in accordance with adult learning principles for small and large groups.
- Keep current on changes to safety related regulations and legislation.
- Promote a safety culture through communications, identified training, provision of support to supervisors and workers.
- Advocate for health and safety best practices.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Use their interpersonal and communication skills to convey knowledge and gain compliance on complex health and safety issues and concerns within various work environments.
- Use their critical thinking skills to analyze and evaluate unique workplace health and safety issues and identify effective mitigations and controls.
- Strong analytical and research skills and a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Professionally deal with emergencies and sensitive situations.
- Make and enforce timely decisions independently and objectively, using sound judgment and technical knowledge.
- Strong organizational skills that continue to meet objectives.
- Demonstrate a keen interest for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work collaboratively while demonstrating superior leadership.
- Ability to guide supervisory staff on safety matters.
- Demonstrate persistence in overcoming obstacles.
- Add professional input into decisions while demonstrating excellent customer service skills.
- Advanced communication skills, including excellent business and technical writing skills, verbal skills including effective listening and persuasion skills and computer skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective and respectful working relationships with internal and external contacts under circumstances that may be controversial or sensitive; ability to manage and respond effectively to stressful situations such as urgent high-risk matters of non-compliance.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint and customized templates.
- Experienced, CHSC, CRSP or equivalent designation, OH&S Certificate or University equivalent.
- Understanding of a health management system including ISO 45001, ISO 9001, ISO 18001, CSA Z1000 is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hazard assessment and analysis required.
- Certification in Adult Learning/Facilitator is an asset.
- COR Auditor certification at a minimum is an asset.
- JHSC certification is an asset.
- Confined spaces entry an asset.
- Valid driving license with good driving record and vehicle in safe operating condition required.
Note: Experience limited to JHSC certification is not sufficient.
Salary is commensurate with experience, ability and market value.
Why not begin a permanent, full-time position with a fresh outlook and new beginning, with a team of leaders in Occupational Health and Safety.
Anticipated start date: Immediate
Hours 9:00 – 5:00 pm
If your values are similar to ours and you are interested in working with a company that helps workers perform their jobs safely, without injury, illness or fatality, and you love taking initiative to help successfully support a small business, we look forward to hearing from you.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries please.
Act First Safety is growing. We are looking for a new member of our team to assist in our growth. Act First Safety is a leading full-service occupational health and safety company providing both instructor led and online safety training, safety products and consulting to Ontario businesses. We are dedicated to:
Understanding Business l Providing Customer Value l Suggesting Practical Solutions
Developing Excellent Relationships l Operating Professionally l Customer Appreciation