Temporary Safety Coordinator
Human Resources department – CAO Office
Salary: $70,364 – $90,094
Term: March 2018 – March 2019 approx.
Hours: 35 hours/week, Monday to Friday, with some additional hours to meet operational needs
Position type: Salary, non-management
Close date: January 22, 2018 @ 8:30 a.m. or until a suitable candidate is found
Are you motivated to promote health, safety, and well-being for workers and worksites? Do you know everything there is to know about occupational health and safety legislation and best practices? In this strategic role, you will plan, coordinate, implement, and maintain the County’s health and safety management system. You will support management to ensure hazard assessments; workplace inspections, incident reports and investigations, and on-the-job safety training are competently completed on behalf of the County of Grande Prairie. You will manage our COR and NSC compliance programs. You will provide knowledge, leadership, and direction to support continuous improvement of our safety culture.
- Provide safety-related support to the County of Grande Prairie staff and management;
- Chair the Joint Health & Safety Committee;
- Lead the COR (Certificate of Recognition) and NSC (National Safety Codes) Compliance programs;
- Coordinate incident reporting and investigation;
- Participate in department meetings, programs and initiatives;
- Participate in the development and implementation of employee wellness initiatives.
- Occupational Health and Safety degree or diploma;
- CRSP designation;
- AMHSA peer auditor certification is preferred;
- Three years progressively responsible experience including experience conducting investigations and audits;
- Experience conducting training sessions;
- Valid Class 5 driver?s license and acceptable driver?s abstract required;
- First Aid ticket preferred;
- Excellent judgement and communication skills;
- Ability to lead and motivate workers and management;
- Willingness and ability to work additional hours if/as required.
The County of Grande Prairie No. 1, located in northwestern Alberta, is one of the fastest-growing and vibrant economic regions in Canada. This resource-rich area features friendly communities; an array of cultural, recreational, business, and educational opportunities; 6,000 square kilometres of vast and dynamic landscape; and an internationally renowned dinosaur bonebed and museum. The County of Grande Prairie serves a trade area of over 260,000 people, its diverse economy driven by agriculture, energy, forestry, manufacturing, tourism, and commerce. As the first established county in the province, the County of Grande Prairie offers rural appeal and easy access to urban amenities. Working with the County of Grande Prairie gives you the opportunity to contribute positively to local community. Our benefits are competitive and include a health and wellness reimbursement and professional development and training opportunities.
For more information, and to apply, please visit the Job Opportunities page on our website, www.countygp.ab.ca.