Health and safety are your passion as well as your specialty, making you ideally qualified for this key role with Hamilton Water’s Plant Operations team.
As a Health & Safety Coordinator, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of Health and Safety operational policies, procedures and programs, to ensure that all regulatory requirements are met as it relates to construction and industrial sites, and to the IMS (Integrated management System), in order to maintain the continuous, reliable and safe operation of the City’s Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants and Outstation facilities.
Your qualifications as a Plant Operations Health & Safety Coordinator include:
- Formal education in Occupational Health and Safety acquired through the completion of a college diploma or university degree or certificate in Health and Safety or in Civil, Mechanical, Environmental or Industrial Engineering.
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation, preferred.
- Progressive demonstrated experience working with Health and Safety Management Systems in a manufacturing/production environment.
- Comprehensive experience in developing and implementing Health and Safety operational procedures, and work instructions and programs.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction and Industrial Establishments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Environment, Health and Safety regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines, standards and other applicable statutes, in order to assess regulatory compliance, develop audit reports and recommend a course of action.
- Previous experience developing and delivering Health and Safety training and presentations to multi-level discipline audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to research and interpret provincial and federal Health and Safety legislation.
- NOTE: Must possess and maintain a Class "G" Driver's Licence valid in the Province of Ontario and provide a personal vehicle for use on the job three (3) or more times per week. Must be able to travel to various work locations in a timely and efficient manner.
This CUPE Local 5167 Inside permanent, full-time position offers a wage range of $35.386 to $40.211 per hour (based on a 35-hour work week schedule).
Hamilton. A city of progress.
At the City of Hamilton, our vision is “to be the best place to raise a child and age successfully.” With our rich history, culturally strong and diverse communities, blend of urban and rural attractions, and ideal location in the heart of the Golden Horseshoe, Hamilton is a vibrant community of neighbours. We are also a leading employer, with many opportunities to grow and excel. We invite you to share in our vision as part of the Hamilton Water Division in the Public Works Department.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on this Plant Operations Health & Safety Coordinator position, Job ID #13416, and to apply online, by Wednesday, January 24, 2018.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.