Do you know someone or an organization/employer who are strong advocates for the CRSP or CRST certification? If so, nominate them today for the 2019 BCRSP Recognition awards!
The purpose of the awards program is to recognize one individual and one organization/employer who are strong CRSP or CRST brand advocates. Winners will receive an award and be recognized publicly through a press release and on social media.
The awards established are:
- Individual CRSP/CRST category: recognizes a CRSP or CRST who has demonstrated exceptional support and promotion of their BCRSP certification.
- Organization/Employer category: recognizes an organization/employer who has demonstrated exceptional support for their CRSP or CRST employees, and promotion of the BCRSP certifications to their OHS practitioners.
Criteria - Individual
The nominee must hold the CRSP or CRST certification, and must be in good standing with the BCRSP.
The applicant must provide documentation for at least two of the following criteria in describing how the nominee has served as an advocate for CRSP or CRST certification:
1. Nurtures OHS practitioners in professional development and mentor’s future leaders in obtaining the CRSP or CRST certification.
- Acts as a CRSP or CRST promoter.
- Mentors an OHS colleague in preparing to apply for or write the CRSP/CRST examination.
- Promotes BCRSP certifications to OHS students at local college/university.
2. Demonstrates passion for the CRSP or CRST certification.
- Presents at formal meeting about benefits of a CRSP or CRST certification.
- Publishes articles about the benefits of CRSP or CRST certification in newsletters, blogs, websites, or other media outlets.
3. Utilizes leadership skills to promote the CRSP or CRST certification.
- Supports individuals in preparing for CRSP/CRST eligibility or recertification by supporting professional development.
- Collaborates with employer to promote the CRSP/CRST internally.
- Serves as a role model to those considering CRSP/CRST certification.
Individuals may self-nominate or be nominated by others.
Criteria - Organization
The applicant must provide documentation of at least two of the following criteria in describing how the nominee has created a culture that recognizes CRSP or CRST certification (examples below):
1. Advances excellence in OHS by supporting OHS practitioners to obtain and maintain certification as a CRSP or CRST.
- Gives financial support to OHS practitioners to obtain and maintain certification (e.g., payment or reimbursement of examination and/or recertification fees, paid time off to take certification examination or attend review course).
- Supports a CRSP or CRST preparatory course being offered on the premises and facilitates staff attendance at the course, or reimburses for attendance at an external review course.
- Provides continuing education programs or reimburses for attendance at continuing education programs, with paid time off for continuing education activities.
- Uses CRSP or CRST certification as a criterion on the career ladder/advancement program.
- Pays differential or bonus for CRSP or CRST certification.
- Support and encourage CRSPs or CRSTs to serve on BCRSP committees.
2. Encourages OHS leaders to mentor OHS practitioners in professional development and promote the CRSP or CRST certification.
- OHS leaders are recognized/rewarded for the certification of CRSPs or CRSTs whom they have mentored.
- Organization/department has a formal mentoring program for CRSP or CRST examination preparation, and certification maintenance.
3. Publicly recognizes CRSPs or CRSTs in the workplace.
- Publishes names of CRSP or CRST certified professionals in company newsletter and/or in public/employee areas, or website (intranet or externally)
- Sponsors an event to honour CRSPs or CRSTs
- Places plaques with the names of CRSPs or CRSTs where the public/employees can view them.
- Displays certification credentials on name badges and business cards.
4. Supports activities related to OHS certification that have influence beyond the organization, with impact felt in the community or province, nationally or internationally.
- Activities to promote CRSP or CRST certification to the public.
- Actively supports CRSPs or CRSTs to participate voluntarily in health and safety associations, community groups, or charitable causes.
Organization/Employer may be nominated by an employee or other another stakeholder.
How to Apply
Click on the following links:
Deadline for nominations is October 4.