The following references have been identified by the Board's Examination Committee as suggested reading by candidates preparing to write the certification examination (CRSPEX). Texts must be ordered directly from the publisher-they may not be ordered through the BCRSP. Texts are subject to revisions or may be withdrawn at the discretion of the publisher without prior notice. In most instances revised editions, e.g. National Safety Council texts, may be used as previous editions may not be available for purchase.
Recommended Reference Bibliography (Revised to March 2017)
- Accident Prevention Manual for Business and Industry, 14th Edition, Administration and Programs, National Safety Council, PO Box 558, Itasca, IL 60143-0558, (www.nsc.org)
- Accident Prevention Manual for Business & Industry, 14th Edition, Engineering and Technology, National Safety Council, PO Box 558, Itasca, IL 60143-0558, (www.nsc.org)
- The Accounting Revolution and the New Sustainability Implications for the OSH Professional, Center of Safety and Sustainability, available online at http://www.centershs.org/assets/docs/CSHS_2015_Accounting_Revolution_and_the_New_Sustainability.pdf
- Disability Management: Theory, Strategy and Industry Practice, 6th edition. Dyck, Dianne E. (2009). Markham, ON: LexisNexis. Available through http://www.lexisnexis.ca/bookstore/bookinfo.php?pid=494
- Ergonomic Intervention, Marie St Vincent (2014), IRSST http://books.irsst.qc.ca/ergonomics/
- Fire Safety Management Handbook, Third Edition, Daniel E. Della-Giustina, Ph.D., CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, ISBN 13-978-1-4822-2122-0, https://www.crcpress.com/Fire-Safety-Management-Handbook-Third-Edition/Della-Giustina/p/book/9781482221220
- Fitting the Human: Introduction to Ergonomics, 6th Edition, Karl H.E. Kroemer, Taylor and Francis Group, ISBN 978-1-4200-5539-9 https://www.crcpress.com/Fitting-the-Human-Introduction-to-Ergonomics-Sixth-Edition/Kroemer/p/book/9781420055399
- Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene, 6th Edition, National Safety Council, PO Box 558, Itasca, IL 60143-0558, (www.nsc.org)
- Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems Auditing, Design Fundamentals and Applications, Second Edition, Gene Marie Shematek, Paul MacLean, Peter Lineen, LexisNexis Canada Inc., 700-123 Commerce Valley Drive, Markham, ON L3T 7W8, ISBN 978-0-433-48833-0, (http://store.lexisnexis.ca/).
- Health promotion in the workplace, 3rd edition. O’Donnell, Michael & Associates (2002). Toronto, ON: Delmar Thomson Learning. Available through www.amazon.ca
- Occupational Health & Safety: Theory, strategy and industry practice, 3rd edition. Dyck, Dianne E. (2011). Markham, ON: LexisNexis. Available through http://www.lexisnexis.ca/bookstore/bookinfo.php?pid=494
- Pocket Dictionary of Canadian Law, D.A. Dukelow, 3rd Edition, Carswell, Toronto, 2002 (www.chapters.ca)
- Practical Loss Control Leadership, Third Edition, Frank E. Bird, Jr., George L. Germain and M. Douglas Clark, ISBN 0-88061-054-9, Burnell & Associates, PO Box 43070, Calgary, AB T2J 7A7, 1-800-691-7233, (www.managingrisk.ca)
- TLVs® and BEIs® - Threshold Limit Values for Chemical Substances and Physical Agents and Biological Exposure Indices. Published annually by the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH), (www.acgih.org)