ATCO Electricity Global Business Unit
Resume closing date:
Friday, September 29, 2017
Company Name: ATCO Electricity Global Business Unit
Job Title: Manager, Health, Safety & Security
Closing Date: Sept 29, 2017
WHO WE ARE:
With approximately 7,000 employees and assets of $20 billion, ATCO is a diversified global corporation delivering service excellence and innovative business solutions in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management); Electricity (electricity generation, transmission, and distribution); Pipelines & Liquids (natural gas transmission, distribution and infrastructure development, energy storage, and industrial water solutions); and Retail Energy (electricity and natural gas retail sales). More information can be found at www.ATCO.com.
Under the direction and leadership of the Director, Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE), we are seeking a Manager, Health, Safety & Security (HSS) to join our HSSE department in Calgary, AB.
Working with Operations and Corporate/Shared Services, the Manager HSS is responsible to lead the Generation HSS Team and support the continued development of its Corporate HSS Management System. The Manager HSS is an experienced health and safety professional with technical expertise in Corporate and Industry HSS, and has a proven track record of influencing and mentoring Operations. The Manager HSS will support the ATCO Electricity Global Business Unit (EGBU) in its goal of continuous HSS improvement, and driving to a zero-incident and world class safety culture.
- Support the development, implementation and auditing of: strategic HSS goals, objectives, H&S management system elements, policies, guidelines, work practices, and standards;
- Support the development and alignment of EGBU HSS processes for existing facilities and new development;
- Monitor pertinent changes to HSS standards, legislation and emerging issues affecting company and industry operations, and communicate as required to management and affected sites;
- Develop, implement and participate in corporate review, audit, and inspection programs including protocol development, program maintenance and management of external resources;
- Support and provide consultation on site incident investigation to identify root cause and appropriate corrective/preventative actions;
- Produce performance and trend analysis using innovative reporting metrics and key performance indicators (KPI);
- Provide leadership, direction, development and support to HSS team members; lead strategic health and safety team activities, and internal committees; participate in external HSS committees;
- Support Operations Managers in the strategic implementation of HSS systems and procedures to meet specific provincial, federal and corporate requirements in a consistent and effective manner;
- A minimum 10 years of progressive experience as a Sr. HSS Specialist or Manager;
- Post-secondary diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (OHS). Completion of an undergraduate degree in OHS is preferred;
- A Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation is required.
- A Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or Certified Utility Safety Professional (CUSP) is preferred.
- A high level of knowledge in management systems implementation/maintenance and continuous improvement methodologies including but not limited to:
- Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS 18001), Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems (CSA Z1000), or Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems – Requirements (ISO 45001)
- Demonstrated knowledge of multi-jurisdictional OHS legislation and standards;
- Experience and training in incident investigations and compliance and management system audits;
- Demonstrated skills in reporting, measuring and assessing leading and lagging indicator metrics;
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills;
- A track record of successfully working in and leading teams, including a proven ability to establish strong collaborative working relationships;
- Work effectively with regulatory bodies
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills - oral, written and presentation;
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of computer applications;
- Valid Alberta driver's license (Class 5); the ability to travel up to 20% of the time is required;
- Strong knowledge of the power generation industry would be an asset;
- Spanish language (oral and written) skills would be an asset;
Link to Posting:
If you are interested in this role, apply directly on our website.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies.