Dufferin Aggregates a division of CRH Canada Inc:
Resume closing date:
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
The Safety Manager continuously monitors and improves OH&S performance through communication, implementation of corrective actions for identified risks and regional OH&S advocacy. Ensures an effective, risk focussed OH&S program is implemented. The incumbent manages the and implementation of company safety programs, policies and procedures for their assigned business unit. Provides honest, objective feedback to management regarding achievements and failings of safety standards, policies, and procedures.
- Works closely with the General Manager and other BU leaders to determine Safety priorites and needs across all operating locations
- Actively support preventative injury initiatives
- Drive continuous improvement in DFA/CRH safety culture
- Leads/directs the work of assigned Safety Advisor(s) in Dufferin Aggregates
- Be visible in the sites, coaching, teaching, and mentoring
- Analyze employee and contractor safety data and conduct risk assessments; develop and implement a safety performance improvement plan
- Coordinate the BU safety program to meet overall company safety requirements through initiation and promotion of day-to-day safety policies and development and delivery of safety training activities for employees and management
- Coordinate communications of occupational hazards and risks to both managers and the workforce and actively works with BU Leaders to minimize risks and hazards
- Assist with the design of standards programs and procedures to control, eliminate and prevent disease or injury
- Conduct audits and inspections and validate adherence to company policy, laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals
- Participate in the investigation of serious incidents and injuries and advise in the preparation of material and evidence for organization to use in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations
- Advise on compliance matters and interacts with operating locations regarding interaction with state and federal agencies as needed (MSHA, OSHA, ATF, USCG/HS, etc.)
- Conduct compliance related assessments and surveys (i.e. noise, dust, etc.)
- Provide subject matter expertise; develop practical solutions to resolve safety issues
- Develop and deliver safety training material; ensure a tracking system is in place
- Prepare and maintain internal and external reports
- Lead and help others to lead root cause investigations; develop and help others to develop corrective actions; monitor the completion of corrective actions
- Actively participate in the corporate safety network; leverage expertise to other facilities and help develop corporate standards, best practices, and guidance
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years work experience
- Travel to company regional locations, some travel outside of regions
- Bachelor's/University Degree
- Licenses/Certifications: IOSH Chartered Status Preferred
- Computer Skills: Advanced computer skills with proficiency in safety databases and Microsoft Office applications
- Sound knowledge of the ACM per large industrial manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience with local, state and federal laws and other government compliance regulations including OSHA, MSHA and DOT (possible Coast Guard).
- Ability to be responsive and persuasive at all levels of the organization.
- Effective communication and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects/priorities.
- Strong customer focus and sense of urgency to business needs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to coach employees and management through complex issues and make recommendations
LICENSE TO LEAD – OH&S COMPETENCIES
- Implements OH&S Mission
- Ensures alignment of OH&S activities arising from OpCo OH&S mission
- Ensures adequate OH&S organization
- Ensures relevant actions are taken so that OH&S requirements are met
- Identifies Hazards & Control Risks
- Actively manages risks by ensuring that all related control activities are implemented thoroughly
- Manages Incidents
- Drives committed and effective incident management
Submit application to: https://career2.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=114994&company=CRH&username=